LOS ANGELES – March 2, 2023 – Flipside XR launches the brand new virtual production studio app, Flipside Studio, dedicated to empowering content creators to express themselves through engaging video creations with tools and resources that were not previously available. The unique and comprehensive Flipside Studio app equips developers with real-time motion capture and production tools and assets to create professional-looking animated content using a Meta Quest 2, Rift or Rift S virtual reality (VR ) to create. Content created with Flipside Studio can be live streamed or recorded, edited and shared on all major video-based social media platforms such as YouTube, Twitch and TikTok.
Flipside Studio is now available for free on the Meta Quest Store.
Packed with useful features for developers of all skill levels, the versatile app gives developers the tools to produce solo projects or work with teams on virtual sets equipped with the characters, environments, lighting, cameras, and props they choose to freely create need. Flipside Studio offers nearly 100 different virtual production features including:
- Custom Characters - Users can choose from several characters preinstalled in the app or customize their own avatars via the Ready Player Me integration.
- Sets and Props – Developers can choose from a variety of sets and hundreds of props available in the app.
- Multiple Cameras and Angles - Multiple virtual cameras can be positioned, placed and moved at the user's discretion, allowing for dynamic camera angles and even camera movement speeds.
- Professional production tools - Virtual cameras, teleprompters, lighting and 1080p output with broadcasting to the Flipside Broadcaster app are just a few of the tools available to developers.
- Single or multi-user productions – Creators can collaborate on the same sets simultaneously from one or more locations – or even create a multi-character solo production by overlaying motion captures in the app.
- Flipside Creator Tools - For advanced features, check out the app's free Unity plugin, which gives experienced creative teams the ability to upload fully customized environments, characters, and props.
The release of Flipside Studio follows extensive testing and feedback from thousands of content creators and technologists using a free Early Access version since 2020.
“With Flipside Studio on both the Quest and Rift platforms, improved usability and a ton of new features added since our Early Access release, we can't wait to see how users are using the tools and what they can create,” said Lesley Klassen, CEO and co-founder of Flipside XR. "Creators can easily produce innovative, professional-looking animated content that can be monetized across their social media channels, offering endless opportunities to share original, engaging content with their audiences."
The Flipside Studio app is available free of charge for the Meta Quest 2, Rift and Rift S VR headsets through the Meta Quest Store. Visit https://www.flisidexr.com/ for more information.
Sean Earley is an American futurist, CIO of Robotspaceship, podcast host & speaker. He advises Fortune 500 companies, entrepreneurs and organizations on innovation, new technology, strategy, communications, marketing & design. He is the host of several podcasts and makes regular appearances on international media platforms where he discusses the latest trends in technology, culture, business and politics.
Likes: Guitars, technology and helping companies to be more innovative and successful.